Monday, August 29, 2011

Cookie Dough



Cookie dough is evil!!! It is the hardest thing to resist. Every time I start to make a batch of cookies I tell myself to be strong and resist. Some cookie doughs are easier than others to be strong. This oatmeal cookie dough is especially hard. I really love the cookies too. They are a recipe that came from Shaun's Grandma Call. They really aren't too bad for you...compared to some of the things you can eat. I like to call them Breakfast Cookies. I feel better giving my kids a couple of these rather than a sugary bowl of cold cereal!!!

Here it is:
Mix:
1 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups (or so) applesauce
Add and mix
2 t baking soda
Add:
2 c flour
2 t cinnamon
2 t nutmeg
(instead of cinnamon and nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice works, put in 4 t)
2 c oats, quick or regular
2 c chocolate chips or raisins or a mix of both
Mix together. Dough will be soft and have a slightly fluffy texture.
Put on cookie sheets and cook for roughly 12 minutes. Cook at 350 degrees until middle is cakey (touch lightly with your fingertip), and light brown around the edges.