Friday, September 30, 2011

It's all about what you call it!!!

A while ago, I tried to introduce fresh ground whole wheat pancakes to my kids. They were not impressed. I tried again the other day, but this time I had an idea. When they think pancakes, they think of pancakes made with krusteaz pancake mix. So this time I called them flapjacks, and told them the pioneers ate them (or something like them). We have had them for breakfast every morning this week because they love them...
 Ingredients:
1 c whole wheat pastry flour (ground white wheat)
1 t baking powder (aluminum free)
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1 T sugar
1 1/4 c milk (give or take depending upon how thick
you like your pancake batter.
Mix and cook on a hot griddle. Makes about 9 medium pancakes.
Top with applesauce and cinnamon sugar or jam.








Posted by Picasa