Saturday, September 3, 2011

Soccer!




Shaun and I took the kids to a homeschool soccer group. It was wonderful! The kids had an amazing time...surprisingly Kayden really seemed to enjoy it! He went from never having played to really participating and working with the team.

Kaitlyn was really funny to watch. She ran with her group, but didn't really connect. When she ran she had her airplane arms out. She had fun too, and that was what really mattered to me.
Posted by Picasa
For me what was wonderful was seeing all these normal (I know what is normal?!) people who all homeschool their kids. Whenever I saw homeschoolers up in Oregon, so many of them were social misfits that I had very little in common with. There was none of that here! I have felt so isolated around here, and it turns out that there is a very large homeschool community full of people who are full of passion and who I have so much in common just below the surface. I am pretty excited about this!