Saturday, September 17, 2011

School update for me:

So I have heard that I may not need to take college algebra. Wouldn't that be nice! My enrollment counsellor is worthless...I heard this from my sister, and he has nothing to say except that my transcripts probably will not be evaluated until next month. My sister took the same statistics class I did, and no college algebra. Hmmm...
So I have been dreaming, exploring, and planning. The path I think I am going for is to continue with my masters, then get my FNP. With my FNP I can take any direction I want to, rather than be stuck in one area. Now whether I need to get a doctorate, I don't know...The school community is up in the air and in flux regarding the need for NPs vs DNPs. There is a push to outlaw NPs, and it should go in place by 2015. So, we will see if it is a post masters certificate or a doctorate I need later...I can get no straight answers! That's okay, I have time. This is so exciting to have this dream actually feel attainable! I can visualize it happening! It is going to be a lot of work, but I can do it! Having this dream is getting me through a rough time.