Friday, October 28, 2011

Hiatus

Ok....so...it has been a while since I have posted, practically a month. It has been a doozy of a month, but  things are looking up again. I tend to be a really open person, and sometimes when life is particularly challenging, it isn't the right thing to post it all out there, especially when I am not the only one affected. If I was, it would be right here. My view is if my experiences can help another in anyway, then all the better. However since the struggles aren't just mine, I don't have the ability to post. Needless to say, I have been on a roller coaster ride that has been more intense than can be engineered physically. I don't know if the ride is over, but at least the extreme declines seem to be not so constant.
There has been much good intermixed with the extreme challenges:
Kayden and Kaitlyn are so wonderful. They aren't just little kids anymore. We have their moments where I can't take the whining and arguing anymore, but those times are getting fewer and farther away.
Kayden is doing pretty well on his school. It is still a struggle sometimes, but he is really trying, and he is developing interests in so many things. He seriously is doing so well in math. He picks it up so quickly that the lesson actually is confusing sometimes because it is too detailed in explaining processes.
Kaitlyn is my wild child. She is so vibrant and full of determination and life. That is my blessing and my struggle...how to help her best. She came to me a few days ago and told me she doesn't like princesses anymore. She told me she doesn't want to wait for a prince to save her. She wants to do the saving. I reminded her that Rapunzel (in Tangled) saved the 'prince,' and that  was okay. She is so...herself. Now the challenge is to get her set in the right direction. One thing that is very positive, is that what she wants to be when she grows up are occupations that help people. First it was an ER doc, currently it is a policeman. She has such a desire to do good.
Me...well I am finding that homeschooling is like a sponge. It soaks up what time is available. I love being there to do schoolwork and encourage my kids. I just have to remember and make time for other things...including laundry and cleaning the house, not to mention other things! I have been working towards running my first half marathon. I am set to do that tomorrow. I am trying to take a math class, but it is hard when I have a few minutes here and there to do it in. However, I am learning and getting so I am understanding it.
So here I am again. I think I am at a point where I can blog again! It has been said so many times that time is a great healer. I didn't realize how true that is until this last several months. It doesn't make things go away, but life can go on, and it is good. It allows perspective to come into focus and make for even greater growth and healing.